Black Coffee Ick!



Keith, my husband, has been teaching me how to appreciate black coffee. I LOVES straight black coffee. I on the other hand love creamer, sugar, syrup and basically anything not black. Keith likes to make fun of me. He will say stuff like "You want some coffee with your milk?" or "Holy Cow! That's going to give you diabetes!" It's quiet annoying. So I've decided to give black coffee a try. On Sunday we went to a Chinese restaurant and Keith got a cup of coffee. They had Starbucks Dark Roast. I tried some. It was so gross! It was strong and almost sour and really bitter! I defiantly did NOT like it! But Keith was proud of me for trying it and being able to describe the taste. On Monday morning my mother-in-law made some breakfast blend coffee. I tried it black. I didn't love it, but I could handle it a way better than the dark roast. It was almost bland, like watered down which I liked. Again, Keith was proud of me! Today, I tried some organic vanilla coffee concentrate. Basically you put just a little bit in a cup and then fill the rest with water. It was really good. Still kind of bland because I think I added to much water. But it also has a hint of vanilla in it which is fun to search for in every sip! So, I'm getting better about black coffee. I still love "fru-fru" drinks from Starbucks, but I'm on my way to being able to drink black coffee!

Comments

  1. I am working myself out of needing as much sugar too but I at least put cream/half n half. I recommend at least putting in the cream and it tastes creamy even if it’s not sweet. Much better way to start!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts